Tasty Homemade Shakkar Pare Recipe
Shakkar pare is famous dish all around the north India. It is a traditional snack and often made during festive occasions. It’s a crispy whole wheat flour biscuits. Let’s try to prepare this at home.
- 1/4 cupSugar
- ¼ cupMilk
- 1 ½ cupwhole wheat flour
- 2 tablespoonsGhee (butter)
- A pinchof salt
- Ghee fordeep frying
- Take a bowl and Combine the milk, sugar and ghee, mix well.
- Cook the mixture on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Keep aside to cool
- Now, take the whole wheat flour and salt together in a deep bowl
- Sieve the flour with the help of a strainer.
- Now, add the milk-sugar mixture and knead into a firm dough
- Make 4 balls of the dough
- Roll out and it into any shape of your choice
- Put a heavy bottom pan on flame, heat the ghee and deep fry the Shakkar pare
- Make sure the flame is slow
- Fry till they are golden brown in colour.
- Drain on an absorbent paper
- Keep aside to cool completely and store in an air-tight container.
You can also use jaggery in place of sugar to make the dish healthier.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe