Lasooni Dal Tadka Recipe
Lasooni Dal Tadka is a mild spiced recipe. In this recipe, dal is tempered with garlic and ghee. All ingredients together bring a warm winter flavor. Here is the recipe. Try in this winter.
For cooking the dal:
- 1 cupLentils (Tuhar dal)
- 2.75 to 3 cupsWater for pressure cooking the lentils
- 1.5 tablespoonGarlic
- ¼ cupOnions (finely chopped)
- 2Green Chilies
- ½ teaspoonCumin powder
- ½ teaspoonTurmeric powder
- ½ teaspoonLemon juice (optional)
- Saltas required
- 1 tablespoonCoriander leaves for garnish
Tempering the lasooni dal:
- 1 teaspoonGarlic (finely chopped)
- ½ teaspoonCumin/jeera
- 2 tablespoonGhee (butter)
- ½ teaspoonRed chili powder
- Pinch ofasafoedita (hing)
- ½ teaspoonDry fenugreek leaves (kasuri methi)
- Put Lentil dal, onions, garlic, green chilies, turmeric, asafetida and water in the pressure cooker.
- Cook the lentils for 5-6 whistles.
- Now, mash the dal with a spoon and keep aside.
- Put a nonstick pan on flame and heat the ghee.
- Put cumin seeds first, then add garlic.
- Switch off the flame and add red chili powder, asafoetida/hing and dry fenugreek leaves
- Pour the entire mixture in the dal.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot lasooni dal with chapatti and steamed basmati rice.
- You can add some lemon juice to taste.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe