Healthy Moong Dal with Spinach
Moong dal with spinach is a traditionally served recipe in India. It is very flavourful and healthy dal. It is a rich source of iron with low calories. Also, it great combines the goodness of veggies with protein.
- 1 cupMoong Dal (with skin)
- 2 cupsSpinach (Chopped)
- 1 teaspoonGinger (Chopped)
- ½ teaspoonTurmeric powder
- 4 cupsWater
- ¼ teaspoonGaram masala
- ½ teaspoonLemon juice (Optional)
- Saltto taste
- 2 tablespoonsGhee or Oil
- ½ teaspoonCumin seed
- Pinch ofasafetida (Hing)
- 4Red Chilies (Whole)
- ¼ teaspoonRed chili powder
- Take the dal in a big bowl and wash it in running water.
- Put the dal in the pressure cooker and add spinach, ginger, turmeric powder, garam masala salt and water.
- Put the pressure cooker on flame.
- Cook it for 10-12 minutes or till 3-4 whistles.
- Now turn off the flame and keep it aside.
- Now heat the ghee or oil in a nonstick.
- Add cumin seed, asafetida and whole red chili.
- Stir it for a few minutes and then add chili powder.
- Mix the cooked dal in this mixture.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and pour ghee.
You can add lemon juice if you need. You can adjust the consistency of dal to your desired taste. You can also use open pot substitute of pressure cooker.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe