Tiffin Special -Thepla Recipe
Thepla is a famous Gujarati cuisine made with wheat flour, fenugreek leaves and other spices. Thepla is light as well as healthy. This is the best snack for children who do not like greens. Let us try this special flavor of Gujarat.
- 2 cupsWhole wheat flour
- 1 tablespoonOil or ghee
- 2 tablespoonsCurd (fresh)
- ¼ teaspoonTurmeric powder
- 1 teaspoonChili Powder
- Saltto taste
- Oil forcooking
- Take a big bowl and combine all the ingredients except water and oil.
- Add a little water at a time, Knead it into semi- soft dough.
- Now, add a little oil and turn it into soft dough.
- Then, keep it aside for at least 10 minutes.
- Now, divide the dough into 14 equal portions.
- Make the little bowl, roll down in a circle with the help of rolling board, and pin.
- Now put a nonstick pan on flame and spread a little oil over it.
- Spread a Thepla and cook it from both sides with using oil.
- Cook it till brown spots appear on it.
- Follow the same procedure for the remaining balls.
- Thepla is ready, serve it with fresh chutney, spicy pickle and ketchup.
You can add sesame seeds to give a different flavour and for garnishing as well.
Also Read - Palak Dhokla
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Mint Aloo Bath Recipe