Rajasthani Laal Maas
Laal Maas is a very fiery and spicy dish that involves meat and spices. The amazing recipe is Rajasthan’s famous and one of the most sought after dish. If you are looking for a spicy dish that you want to eat with rice or chapathi, then this is the recipe you have to look through. Here is the recipe of this amazing dish which will make sure to tickle your spicy tastes and tinkle your senses. It is going to be a tasteful delight. Here’s the recipe of the Rajasthani Laal Maas.
- 2 small onionsfinely chopped – make sure you chop it well so that it doesn’t stand out
- 2 green chilliesfinely chopped – This is also important to mix well with the dish
- 18-20 red chilliessince you are going to make it spicy, this the number required
- 2 tspcoriander seeds, whole
- 1 tspjeera or cumin seeds
- 1 cupmustard oil
- 10 cloves garlicfinely chopped or crushed
- A small piece of gingerfinely chopped
- 1/2 kg lambcut into pieces with bones
- 1 tspsalt or to taste
- 1 small cupkachri powder (kachri is a dried vegetable, a variety of cucumbers found in Rajasthan and ground into a powder)
- 3-4 podscardamom
- 1/2 tspblack pepper – optional since you are already using a lot of chilies
- 1cinnamon stick
- little bitMace
- 1 podblack cardamom
- As neededWater
- A handful of coriander leaveschopped
- To start off with, make sure that you dry roast the chilies so that you get an amazing aroma. Also note that the chilies will give you a fresh flavor to the curry that you will be making. The best thing about the chilies is that it will give you a distinctive savor to the entire dish.
- Now, make sure to add the coriander seeds along with the cumin seeds. Once you are done with the seeds and they start to pop, take it aside and make it into a fine powder.
- Now, place a pan and add some oil to it. Once you are done with that, throw in some mustard seeds and let it pop., After that, add the ginger garlic paste which will be the special ingredient here because the smell will be great when you add more ginger garlic paste.
- Once you see that the entire mixture turns a little brown, add the lamb pieces. You need to cut the lamb pieces well and keep it aside in water before you start cooking. Mix it well and add salt.
- Add Kachri powder to it. This powder is used to tenderize the meat. It just doesn’t stop with that, it also makes sure that it tastes tangy which is the need of the hour. After you mix that well, add onions to it.
- Make sure that the onions roast well. Once that is done, add the spices into it – Whole spices, cardamom, pepper, cinnamon, mace etc. Make sure it is well cooked.
- After all of this is well cooked, add the chili powder and let it cook for a while. After it cooks well, add water to it for the lamb to cook. Remember that the lamb needs time to cook. So, it is better that the lid of the pan is closed and left in sim.
- Once the meat is well cooked, make sure to take the pieces out of the gravy and keep the gravy aside.
- You are taking out the gravy and keeping it aside for it to settle. Once it is settled well, you need to strain the gravy into another bowl. The whole spices will get rid in this process and only the taste and smell will remain in the gravy which is a better way of adding taste. Straining the gravy gets rid of all the whole spices and keeps the essence and flavors intact.
- You can add the lamb pieces that you set aside into the gravy now and heat it again in simmer.
- Add a little more water if need be and now chop the coriander leaves and throw some in. The more coriander, the better smell and taste.
- Let the mixture boil for a while so that you get the consistency of the gravy. Once you know how you want it, switch the heat off.
- Serve it hot with rice, chapathi or parantha.
- The amazing thing about Rajasthani Laal Maas is that, you can make it even with chicken and adjust the taste according to your wish. Adding a little curd or lemon would enhance the taste of it.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe