Tasty Sheer Khurma Recipe
Sheer Qurma or sheer Khurma is a delicious Mughlai dessert made during the holy festive occasion of Eid-UL-Fitr.
Sheer khurma is made with milk, vermicelli, dry dates and sugar. In Persian language ‘sheer’ stands for milk and ‘qurma’ stands for dates. It is very popular in the South Indian city Hyderabad, This can be made by using only dates.
- 1 ltrMilk
- one PinchSaffron
- 75 gVermicelli ( small pieces)
- 50/75 gDry choara / dates
- 50/75 gGhee or butter
- 125 gSugar
- 50 gAlmonds
- 50 gPistachios
- 25 gRaisins
- 25 gChiroli seeds, skinned
- Soak the dry dates in water for hours and then cut into thin slices.
- Boil milk with added some sugar till it is reduced to 3/4 of its quantity.
- Boil the nuts and slice them finely.
- Put a little quantity of saffron.
- Heat ghee on low heat and fry the vermicelli for about 1-2 minutes until it gets a golden color.
- In the same pan, add the dates, chiroli, and all chopped nuts and fry gently for a few minutes until it gets brown color.
- Add hot milk and cook again till desired consistency is procure.
- Finally, add some nuts for garnishing and it is ready to serve in cups.
This delicious Sheer Khurma is an excellent dessert to be made in the winters and in special occasions. As it has lots of dry fruits which gives heat & warmth to the body.
[Check more - special sweets for festive season]
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Mint Aloo Bath Recipe