Kerala Oats Puttu Recipe
Kerala Oats Puttu is a traditional and tasty popular breakfast dish from Kerala. Usually it is prepared with rice flour and coconut, but here we using oats that add nutrients to the body.
Here is the recipe of a Kerala oats puttu in a step by step process.
- 1 packetrolled oats
- 3/4 cupGrated Coconut
- As per tasteSalt
- 1/4 tspCrushed Cumin (Jeerakam)
- 1/2 cupWater
- Grind oats to a fine powder by using blender.
- Put the powdered oats in a bowl, add 1/4 tsp of salt, crushed cumin and 2 tbsp grated coconut to the oats flour.
- Mix it well to combine everything.
- Add 1/4 cup of water and start mixing the oats flour with your hand or spoon.
- Oats flour will be sticky and lumpy when compared to rice flour.
- Quickly, put the wet flour in a mixie or blender to remove lumps.
- Bring water to boil in a Puttu Kudam (Steamer).
- Add 1 tsp of grated coconut to the bottom of the Puttu Kutti (utensil to prepare the puttu).
- Add spoonful of oats flour in the Puttu Kutti followed by grated coconut, repeat until the Puttu Kutti has been filled, top with 1 tsp of grated coconut.
- Steam for around 5 minutes until it is fluffy and cooked.
Finally, Kerala Oats Puttu is reday to serve with any banana or any spicy curry for breakfast or dinner.
Check for more kerala recipes in yummyfoodrecipes.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Mint Aloo Bath Recipe