Khubani ka meetha recipe
Khubani Ka Meetha or qubani ka meetha is a Hyderabad delicacy made with apricots and is a traditional and tasty dessert often served during Ramadan season, weddings and family gatherings.
Khubani or qubani is an Urdu word for apricots. Apricots should be soaked overnight to make this delicious dessert.
Here is the recipe of Khubani Ka Meetha in a step by step process
- 250 gApricots
- 6-7 tbspSugar as per sweetness
- 1/2 cupVanilla flavored ice cream
- 1/2 cupAny flavored ice cream or custard
- 1/2 cupDe-seeded apricot seeds
- Wash and soak apricots in water.
- Remove seeds from soaked apricots.
- Break open the seed shell and you find badam like kernels inside.
- Keep apricot kernels aside in a bowl.
- Discard the shells of the seeds.
- In a pan, add soaked apricots, soaked water.
- Cook apricots on medium flame until it get soft texture.
- Mash the cooked apricots.
- Add sugar and simmer for a minute until sugar is dissolved.
- Stir continuously until it cook.
- Switch off the flame and take it in a serving bowl.
- Garnish Khubani ka meetha with custard.
Yummy!! Khubani Ka Meetha is ready to eat, garnish with either ice cream or custard and top with some apricot kernels. Enjoy the tasty Qubani Ka Meetha.
Check for more sweets recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe