Andhra Style Bendakaya Fry Recipe
Bendakaya Fry is a simple and quick veg fry recipe made with okra or bhindi and curry leaves. This bendakaya fry is mostly prepared in south Indian meals. Different states across India fry the veggies in different ways, some use a few ingredients and some use various spices to prepare.
Andhra style bendakaya/okra/bhindi is fried by adding curry leaves which gives a good taste to the dish, follow the recipe in a step by step process.
- 750 gmsBendakaya/okra/bhindi
- 2 tbspOil
- 1 tspCumin seeds/zeera
- 8-10Curry leaves
- 2Onions, finely sliced
- as per tasteSalt
- 1 tspCoriander seeds powder
- 1 tspRed chili powder
- Firstly, wash bhindi well, wipe every bhindi until it is dry.
- Cut bhindi into pieces.
- Take a pan or kadai, add oil and heat it.
- Add cumin seeds and saute it.
- Add curry leaves and let them crackle.
- Add sliced onions and saute until the color changes.
- Add the bhindi/bendakaya pieces into it and stir on medium flame for few minutes.
- Reduce the flame, cook the bhindi and stir for every 3-4 minutes until the bhindi changes its color.
- Add salt and mix well.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes on low flame and keep stirring in between.
- When the bhindi gets soft, add coriander powder and mix well.
- Cook again for 2-3 minutes and stir.
- Lastly, add red chili powder, mix well and saute it for a minute.
Finally, Bendakaya fry is ready to eat, garnish with fresh coriander leaves and squeeze lemon juice if required. Serve this bendakaya fry with rice or roti’s.
Check for more fry recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe