Tasty Udipi Sambar Preparation
Here I am sharing the recipe of Udipi Sambar in a step by step process
- 1/2 cupTuvar dal
- 1/2 tbsFenugreek seeds
- 1 tbsUrad Dal
- 6Red chilies
- 1+1/2 tbsCoriander seeds
- 5 springsCurry leaves
- 1/4 cupCoconut (grated)
- 25-30Shallot onions, cleaned and peeled
- 1/2 tbsMustards seeds
- 1 pinchHing
- 2Green chilies
- 2 cupsBrinjals, carrots, french beans, pumpkin, yam, (chopped into big chunks)
- 1 tbsTamarind
- to tasteSalt
- 1+1/2 tbsJaggery or brown sugar
- 2 tbsOil
- In a pan, cook tuvar dal in 1 cup of water till it gets soft and mash it nicely.
- Heat 1 tbsp of oil in a bottomed pan and roast the fenugreek seeds till the color changes.
- Add 1/2 tsp urad dal and let it saute till the change color.
- Add red chili and coriander seeds.
- Add 3 springs of curry leaves, grated coconut and roast it.
- Let it cook for 2-3 minutes till all the ingredients changes color and get aromatic smell.
- In a blender, grind all ingredients to a fine paste with a little quantity of water.
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan. Add mustard seed.
- saute it for a minute and add 1/2 tsp of urad dal and hing.
- Cook it for a minute.
- Add onions, green chilies and the rest of the curry leaves.
- Add chopped vegetables. Cook it till you get a nice aroma and tender.
- Add little quantity of water.
- Cover with a lid and cook till the vegetables are done.
- Remove pulp from tamarind and add to the vegetables.
- Add salt according to your taste and crumbled jaggery/brown sugar and cook till the smell of the tamarind disappears.
- Add mashed dal and the ground masala paste.
- Mix well and add little quantity of water if required.
- Simmer for a few min.
- Switch off the flame and transfer in a serving bowl.
Finally, Udipi Sambar is read to have, you can enjoy the delicious recipe with any dosa. Idlies or rice.
Read - Benefits of onions
Check for more dal recipes
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
Tags Udipi sambar recipe how to make Udipi sambar Udipi recipes sambar recipes Indian food recipes dal recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe