Crispy Thattai Recipe
Thattai is a most popular south Indian snack. You can call them as crispy rice crackers. This is a simple, nutritious snack to munch with a cup of tea or coffee as an evening snack.
This is prepared with rice flour and a few spices. Check the process of making Thattai recipe.
- 2 cupRice Flour
- 2 tbspUrad Dal flour
- as per tasteChili powder
- 2 tbspBengal gram/Channa Dal/Kadalaparuppu
- 1/2 cupCurry leaves chopped into small pieces
- to tasteSalt
- 1/4 tspAsafoetida
- 2 tspButter
- for fryingOil
- 1/2 cupCoriander leaves
- 1 tbsLemon juice
- Soak bengal gram/Channa Dal/Kadalaparuppu for 1 hour and drain it and let it dry for a few minutes.
- In a kadai or pan, add rice flour, urad dal four, chili powder, Bengal gram, curry leaves, salt, asafoetida, butter.
- Add little quantity of water little by little and make dough.
- Mix well and make smooth & soft dough.
- Take a small portion of dough and flatten it to get a thin roti on a cloth.
- You can also apply little oil on a plastic sheet for preparing a thin roti.
- Heat oil for deep frying in pan or kadai.
- Drop slowly a thin roti on to the hot oil.
- Cook for a few minutes, till you will observe the changing of color and crispiness.
- Remove from oil and place them on a paper towel.
Yummy!! Crispy!! Thattai is ready to have, garnish with chopped coriander leaves and drizzle with some lemon juice. Serve it with a cup of tea or coffee as an evening snack.
Check for more snack recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe