Preparation of Chana Masala Recipe
Chana Masala is one of the most popular Indian dishes. It is a fantastic side dish for Chapatis, Naan and Parathas. It is easy to prepare, delicious and healthy. Chana is also known as White Chick Pea / Kabuli Chana. Here is the simple recipe of Chana Masala by using simple ingredients.
- 2 cupsChana / Chickpeas
- 1/2 cupOnion Paste
- 1/2 cupTomato Paste
- 1 inch pieceGinger
- 5 clovesGarlic
- 1 tspDried Fenugreek leaves
- to tasteSalt
- 4 tspOil
- 3 tsp choppedCoriander Leaves / Cilantro
- 2 tspLemon Juice
For Chana Masala Powder:
- 1 small stickCinnamon
- 1 tspBlack Pepper
- 1 tspCumin Seeds
- 1 tspCoriander Seeds
- 2Dry Red Chilies
Soaking and Boiling the Chana
- Soak Chana overnight or at-least 8 hours.
- Drain the water and put it in the pressure cooker, sprinkle salt.
- Cook it for 1hour.
Making Fresh Chana Powder
- Dry roast cinnamon cardamom, cloves, black pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds and dry red chilies.
- Now grind it into a fine powder.
Making of Chana Masala Recipe
- Heat oil in a pan.
- Add ginger, garlic and onion paste.
- Fry it.
- Add tomato paste and cook it.
- Add the Chana Masala powder.
- Add some water and fry it.
- Add the boiled Chana.
- Mix well.
- Add salt and dried fenugreek leaves.
- Mix well.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and lemon juice.
Yummy Chana Masala is ready, Relish with Roti, Chapatis, Naan and Parathas.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe