Chettinad Chicken Recipe
Chettinad Chicken is one of the most flavorful chicken Dishes from the south Indian Cuisine. This curry has lots of freshly roasted spices and coconut. This spicy chicken preparation is delicious
- 2 tspPoppy seeds
- 1/2 cupGrated coconut
- 1 tspFennel seeds
- 1 tspCoriander seeds
- 1/2 tspCumin seeds
- 6-8Whole red chilies
- 1stick Cinnamon
- 3Green cardamom
- 1/2 tspTurmeric powder
- 1Onion, large
- 2 tspGinger, chopped
- 2 tspGarlic chopped
- 1/2Star anise
- 1 tspRed chili powder
- 3Tomatoes, medium
- 10-12Curry leaves
- 2 tspFresh chopped coriander for Garnish
- 1/2 cupOil
- SaltTo Taste
- Clean the chicken, remove the skin and cut into small pieces.
- Chop the onions and tomatoes separately.
- Roast the whole red chilies, grated coconut, poppy seeds, coriander seeds, cumin seeds, green cardamom, cloves, cinnamon, star anise, fennel seeds in oil and grind to a paste along with ginger and garlic.
- Heat oil in a vessel and fry the onions till golden, then add curry leaves and the ground paste and saute for some time.
- Add the tomatoes, red chili powder and turmeric powder and saute.
- Add the chicken, mix and cook for 5 minutes and then add 2 cups of water and lemon juice.
- Cover and cook till the chicken is soft.
- Garnished with coriander leaves.
- Serve it with boiled rice, roti or tandoori naan.
Also Read,Healthy Dahi Chicken recipe
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe