Gobi Paratha Recipe
Gobi Ka Paratha is absolutely a delicious Paratha recipe. It is one of the most popular Parathas in North India. These Parathas are stuffed with grated cauliflower (gobi). Gobi Paratha is typically served for breakfast in many households but they can be enjoyed at any time, for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With this awesome Gobi Paratha no other side dish is required except fresh curd and pickle.
For The Dough
- 1-1/2 cupsWhole Wheat Flour (gehun ka atta)
- 1 tspOil
- Saltto Taste
- Few Dropsof Water
For The Gobi Stuffing
- 1-1/2 cupsGrated Cauliflower(Gobi)
- 2 tspOil
- 1/2 tspCumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 cupFinely Chopped Onions
- 1 tspFinely Chopped Green Chilies
- Saltto Taste
- 1/4 cupFinely Chopped Coriander (dhania)
- Whole Wheat Flour(gehun ka atta) for rolling
- Gheefor Cooking
For the dough
- Mix whole wheat flour, oil and salt in a deep bowl and knead into a soft dough using enough water.
For the gobi stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan and add the cumin seeds.
- When the cumin seeds crackle, add the onions and green chilies and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the cauliflower and salt and saute on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Add 4 tbsp of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Stir occasionally.
- Add the coriander and mix well. Keep it aside.
- Divide the Gobi stuffing into 5 equal portions and put it aside.
How to proceed
- Divide the dough into 5 equal portions.
- Roll out a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4") diameter circle using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place one portion of the gobi stuffing in the center of the dough circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 175 mm. (7") in diameter using whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tava (griddle) and cook the Paratha on a medium flame, brush little ghee, till golden brown spots appear on both the sides of the Paratha.
- Serve it fresh curd and pickle.
Also, Read Stuffed Aloo Cabbage Paratha Recipe
BY Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe
- Mint Aloo Bath Recipe