Apple Pie Recipe
Apple Pie is a classic American dessert preparation. Apple Pie is a pastry filled with an apple stuffing and served hot. This Pie is all time favorite. It is healthy because it is baked and this pie contains apples which are good for health.
For the Dough
- 1 cupAll purpose flour
- 2 tbspCold butter
- 3-4 tbspIce water
- a pinchSalt
- 1/4 tspBaking powder
For the filling
- 1/3 cupSugar
- 3-4 dropsLemon juice
- 1/4 tspCinnamon powder
- 1 tbspAll purpose flour
- 1/2 tspVanilla essence
- for brushingButter
- for brushingMilk
- Make the dough by mixing flour, cold butter, salt and baking powder.
- Add little cold water while kneading the dough.
- Let the dough become stiff.
- Cover the dough with a cling wrap and keep it in the fridge for 30 minutes.
- flour-butter dough
- Cut the apple and soak them in a bowl of water.
- Add a pinch of salt to this water and this is to avoid getting the apples become dark.
- Chop the apples.
- In a pan add 1/4 tsp of butter and chopped apple, cinnamon powder, vanilla essence, flour, sugar
- Cook for 2 minutes.
- Switch off the flame.
- Add lemon juice.
- Take out the dough.
- Dust the rolling board, pin and start rolling the dough.
- Roll the dough into medium thick.
- Use a lid or cookie cutter (use one big and one small), choose a size according to the size of your muffin pan, cut the rolled dough into 5 small and 5 medium size base.
- Grease a muffin tin with butter and put the big sized rolled dough into the pan as a base.
- Put 1 tbsp of filling into this.
- Take the other small rolled portion and with a sharp knife cut it small in the center.
- Cover this on the top of filled part, by properly sealing the edges.
- Be careful while sealing, ensure whether it is properly sealed, or else it will come out separately while baking.
- With a fork, just put some marks on the edges so that they will look nice.
- Preheat the oven for 5 minutes at 170 degrees.
- Brush the pie with milk and melted butter and this is to avoid the top becomes dry.
- Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, till the top becomes golden brown.
- Cool them on a wire rack and serve hot with sugar powder sprinkled on this.
- Always make the filling just before you are ready with cutting the rolled dough. Else it will ooze out water.
- Adding flour to the filling is to reduce the oozing of water.
- Seal the pie carefully and nicely.
- Else top will come separately while baking.
Check More, High Fiber Recipe
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe