Healthy Spinach Soup Recipe
Spinach Soup is a good way to include healthy greens in your diet. You will enjoy this nutrient-dense easy to prepare spinach soup. This soup is cooked with low fat-milk and spinach which gives a lovely emerald green color, makes this soup irresistible. This soup is especially recommended for all the weight conscious people.
- 2 tablespoonsolive oil
- 10ounces fresh spinach
- 2cloves garlic, finely minced
- 1/2medium onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons(1/2 stick) butter
- 1/4 cupall-purpose flour
- 3 cupswhole milk
- 2 teaspoonskosher salt, or more to taste
- 1/2 teaspooncayenne pepper, or more to taste
- Freshlyground black pepper
- In a skillet, heat the olive oil over medium heat.
- Add the spinach and garlic and cook, stir constantly, until the spinach is wilted, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the mixture to a blender or food processor, pour in 1/4 cup hot water and pulse until pureed.
- Set it aside.
- In a large soup pot, cook the onions in the butter over medium heat until the onions begin to soften.
- Sprinkle the flour over the top and stir to combine.
- Cook for about 2 minutes, then pour in the milk, stir occasionally.
- Add the salt, cayenne, and some black pepper and mix well.
- Cook over medium heat for 5 minutes, stir constantly.
- Pour in the pureed spinach, then cook until thickened
- Cook for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Check the seasonings, add more salt, black pepper or cayenne, as needed. Serve warm.
Spinach is a super food loaded with tons of nutrients in a low- calorie package. So include this soup in your diet.
Check More, How to Make Tasty Broccoli Soup Recipe
BY Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe