Spicy Schezwan Chicken recipe
Schezwan Chicken is one of the popular chicken appetizers served across the globe. This chicken recipe is originated from the Chinese Cuisine. It is a simple dish and easy to cook. This is usually served with white rice. It gets the dark color from soya sauce, sugar, and red chili sauce. Follow this recipe.
- ½ poundskinless, boneless chicken breast (or fillets), chopped bite size
- 1 largeegg, whisked
- 2 tspcornstarch
- 2 tbspvegetable oil (or peanut oil)
- 2garlic cloves, minced
- 1thumb size piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1onion, julienne
- ½green bell pepper, julienne
- ½red bell pepper, julienne
- 10shiitake mushrooms (or button mushrooms), julienne
- 3scallions, finely chopped
For the sauce:
- 1 tbsp(gehun ka atta) for rolling
- ¼ cupchicken stock
- 1½ tbspsoya sauce
- ½ tbsprice vinegar
- 1 tspcornstarch
For Marinating the Chicken
- In a bowl, mix egg and cornstarch and season with a little salt and pepper.
- Add chicken pieces and marinade for 5 minutes.
For making the sauce
- Add all the ingredients for the sauce into a bowl and whisk until well blended.
- In a pan over medium- high heat, add 1 tbsp vegetable oil.
- For frying the marinated Chicken.
- Drop chicken pieces and cook until both sides are golden brown.
- Remove chicken from the pan and transfer it into a plate.
How to proceed
- Add 1 tbsp vegetable oil to the pan over medium- high heat and add garlic and ginger. Cook for 1 minute and add onions, green and red bell pepper and shiitake mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the chicken pieces and the sauce.
- Stir and coat vegetables and chicken with the sauce for 1 minute and turn the heat off.
- Transfer to a plate or bowl.
- Serve Szechuan chicken with white rice.
This Szechuan Chicken Recipe is very high in pantothenic acid, selenium, vitamin C.
343g Calories: 284 Fat: 10.7g Saturated fat: 2.6g Trans fat: 0.0g Carbohydrates: 32.6g Sugar: 9.1g Sodium: 885mg Fiber: 5.3g Protein: 18.3g Cholesterol: 79mg.
Also, Read- Egg Pepper Fry Recipe
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe