How to Make Kala Jamun Recipe
Kala Jamun is a delicious sweet very similar to Gulab Jamun. Kala Jamun is an exotic sweet dish served on special occasion. Kala Jamuns have a unique texture as they are chewy from outside and soft from inside. Here is the recipe.
For The Kala Jamuns
- 2 cupscrumbled gulab Jamun mawa (hariyali khoya)
- 1/4 cupplain flour (maida)
- 3 tbspmilk powder
- 3 tbsparrowroot (paniphal) flour flour
For The Sugar Syrup
- 3 cupssugar
- a fewsaffron (kesar) strands
- gheefor deep-frying
For the sugar syrup
- Add the sugar and 1½ cups of water in a deep non-stick pan, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 11 minutes or till the syrup is of one string consistency.
- Stir occasionally.
- Remove any impurities which float on top of the syrup using a slotted spoon.
- Add saffron, mix well and keep the syrup warm.
For the Kala Jamuns
- Combine all the ingredients in a deep bowl and knead very well into a very smooth dough.
- Divide this mixture into 20 equal portions and roll each into round balls, there should have no cracks on the surface as otherwise, the Kala Jamuns will crack while deep-frying.
How to proceed
- Heat the ghee in a non-stick kadhai and deep-fry 10 Jamuns at a time on a medium flame till they turn blackish in color from all the sides.
- Drain and immerse in the warm sugar syrup.
- Soak for 1 hour.
- Serve it.
Also Read- Bread Gulab Jamun recipe
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe