Healthy Brown Rice Payasam Recipe
This is a very healthy Indian style pudding made with brown rice, sugar, and milk. Brown rice is rich in fiber and is a good source of manganese. Let’s learn how to make Brown Rice Payasam recipe.
- 1/2 cupBrown Rice soaked in water for 3-4 hours
- 1 literFull cream milk
- 6-8Saffron (kesar)
- 10-12Cashew nuts chopped
- 1/2 cupDates seeded and chopped
- 1/4 cupSugar
- Heat milk in a deep non-stick pan and drain the water from the brown rice and crush brown rice coarsely.
- Add the crushed rice to the milk and cook till rice is almost done.
- Add saffron and mix and continue to cook and add cashew nuts, raisins, dates and cook till everything blends well.
- Add little water or milk if the mixture is too thick and cook till rice is completely done and add sugar to it and mix well.
- Garnish with pistachios and serve it warm.
- Calories : 1486 k cal
- Carbohydrates : 199.3 gm
- Protein : 42.9 gm
- Fat : 53.6 gm
Also, Read Check for Festivals recipe
By Meghna Nath
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
Tags Healthy Brown Rice Payasam Recipe Rice Recipe Milk Recipe Indian Recipe Food Recipe Brown Rice Recipe.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe