South Indian Special Carrot Kheer Recipe
Kheer takes up a significant share in Indian Dessert. One such healthy kheer is Carrot Kheer which is famous in South India. This recipe requires fresh and healthy carrots, which are rich in B-carotene, dietary fiber, and antioxidants.
- 250 gramsCarrots peeled and grated
- 3 tablespoonsMilk
- 5 cupsMilk
- 1/2 cupSugar
- 1/2 teaspoonGreen cardamom powder
- 1 teaspoonScrew pine (Kewra) water
- Heat ghee in a non-stick pan, add cashewnuts and saute till lightly brown in color and drain and set it aside.
- Add grated carrots in a pan and saute for two to three minutes and set it aside.
- Boil the milk in a deep non-stick pan and simmer till it is reduced to three-fourth its original quantity.
- Add sugar, mix it well and cook till the sugar dissolves and the mixture thickens slightly.
- Add cardamom powder and screwpine water and mix it well.
- Pour into serving bowls, garnish with the browned cashewnuts and serve it warm.
- Protein: 37.9
- Fat: 93.7
- Other: Calcium- 1507.5mg
The health benefits of carrots include prevention from heart attacks, warding off certain cancers, improving vision, and reducing the signs of premature aging.
Check More Kheer Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe