Soft and Spongy Vegetable Stuffed Idli Recipe
Vegetable Stuffed Idlis are truly a unique recipe which adds taste and variation to the idli recipe. The stuffed soft and spongy idlis are amazing when served as a snack or breakfast with chutney. Let ‘s follow this innovative recipe.
For The Idli Batter
- 1 cuprice semolina (idli rava)
- 1/4 cupbeaten rice (poha)
- 1/4 cupurad dal (split black lentils)
- saltto taste
For The Vegetable Stuffing
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped mixed vegetables (carrot and french beans)
- 1/4 cupboiled green peas
- 2 tspoil
- 1/2 tspurad dal (split black lentils)
- 1/2 tspmustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 3 to 4curry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1-1/2 tspfinely chopped green chilies
- saltto taste
For the idli batter
- Wash and soak the idli rava, poha and urad dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 2 hours and drain it well.
- Blend in a mixer using ½ cup of water till smooth and transfer the mixture into a deep bowl, add salt and mix it well and cover with a lid and keep it aside to ferment in a warm place for 6 to 8 hours.
For the vegetable stuffing
- Heat the oil in a broad non-stick pan, add urad dal, mustard seeds and curry leaves and saute on a medium flame for a few seconds.
- When the seeds crackle, add green chilies, all the mixed vegetables, and salt and saute on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes and Keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Grease the idli molds and pour 1 tbsp of the idli batter into each greased idli molds.
- Put approx. 1 tsp of the prepared vegetable stuffing over the idli batter and finally top it with ½ tbsp of the idli batter evenly over it and steam in a steamer for 12 minutes.
- Allow the idlis to cool slightly and then de-mould them using a spoon.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney and sambar.
Also, Read Tasty Chana Dal Chutney for Idli
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe