Quick Shrikhand Recipe
Shrikhand is a magical transformation of simple crud into a delicacy, by the simple procedure. It involves no cooking and is perfect for any festival. Make this recipe on this Shivaratri.
- 1-1/2 cupsfull-fat curd (dahi)
- 5 tbsppowdered sugar
- 1/2 tspcardamom (elaichi) powder
- a fewsaffron (kesar) strands dissolved in 1 tbsp warm water
For The Garnish
- 1 tbspalmond (badam) slivers
- 1 tbsppistachio slivers
- Dissolve the saffron strands in 1 tbsp of warm water and keep it aside.
- Place the curd in a muslin cloth and squeeze the curd in the muslin cloth to remove all the excess water and discard the water.
- Transfer the hung curd into a deep bowl, add powdered sugar and mix it well by using a whisk.
- Add cardamom powder, and saffron-water mixture and again mix it well by using a whisk.
- Pour the shrikhand into a serving bowl, garnish with almond and pistachio slivers and refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Serve it chill.
- Dissolving saffron (kesar) in warm water or milk, which is very important to bring out its full color and flavor.
- So, never throw the saffron directly into the dish in a hurry without dissolving it first and also remember that this is best done with your fingers than using a spoon.
Check More Festivals Recipes
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe