Mixed Vegetable Pickle Recipe
Tangy and spicy pickle made with pieces of different vegetables are a great accompaniment with rice or roti. A combination of vegetables like cauliflower, carrot etc are mixed together with oil, salt, and spices to create the magical mixed vegetable pickle.
- 1 cupCarrot Thinly Chopped
- 1 cupFrench Beans Thinly Chopped
- 1 cupBitter Gourd Chopped
- 1/2Beet Root (peeled and chopped)
- 1 inchGinger Mincedt
- 2-3 ClovesGarlic Minced
- 2Green Chilies Thinly Chopped
- 2 tbspMustard Oil
- 2 tbspMustard Seeds
- FewCurry Leaves Chopped
- 1/2 tspRed Chili Powder
- 1/2 tbspTurmeric Powde
- 1/2 tbspMace
- 3-4Black Peppercorns Crushed
- 1 tbspVinegar
- 1/2 tspLemon juice
- Saltto taste
- Mix all the vegetables in a big bowl and add salt, red chili powder, and turmeric powder.
- Mix well and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Allow the seeds to crackle and add ginger-garlic and green chilies.
- Saute for few seconds and mix the vegetables.
- Add mace, peppercorns, vinegar and lemon juice.
- Cook on a medium high heat at least for 8-10 minutes and then turn off the gas.
- Leave the mixture to cool completely and then fill in the air tight jar.
- You may serve it immediately with your meal.
- This pickle can be stored for 2 months, you just need to keep it in the refrigerator.
- Adjust the spices as per your taste.
- To enjoy the yummy flavor and the true aroma of this pickle, remove it out from the refrigerator 30 minutes before serving.
Also, Read Pickled green bell pepper recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe