Egg Puffs Recipe
Egg Puffs are a popular Indian street food. Egg puffs are basically the traditional puff pastry which is stuffed with boiled egg and baked to a crispy flaky crust. Now, lets prepare this puffs at home.
- 1 sheetPuff pastry sheets(thawed)( easily available in the market)
- 2Boiled eggs (cut into half)
- 1 medium sizeOnion (chopped lengthwise)
- 1/2 tspGinger garlic paste
- 1/4 - 1/2 tspAniseed powde
- 1/4 - 1/2 tspGaram masala
- 1/4 tspRed chilly powder
- 1 (beaten)Egg white (optional)
- 2 tbspOil
- Saltto taste
For the stuffing
- Heat oil in the pan & fry ginger-garlic paste.
- Add the onions, salt & fry well.
- Add the chilly powder, garam masala powder & aniseed powder.
- Now add the eggs & mix gently.
- Switch off the flame & allow it to cool completely.
For the Puff
- Cut square shapes out of the pastry sheet (approximately 3 inches each side).
- Now place the masala with 1/2 egg in the center of the square sheet.
- Now fold the corners of the sheet to cover the egg masala.
- Brush the egg white on top of the puff pastries.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Place the puff pastries & bake it for 20 - 30 minutes or till the top layer becomes golden brown in color.
- Do not place the stuffing when it is hot or warm.
- This makes the butter in the pastries to melt & become loose.
- Work on the pastry sheets when it is slightly chill. So that, handling becomes easy.
- If you feel the sheet are not comfortable to handle then put it in the fridge for few minutes.
- So that it becomes cool & easy for shaping.
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe