Homemade Butterscotch Sauce
A rich, Butterscotch Sauce can be made easily. Traditionally butterscotch flavor comes from two things brown sugar and butter. The butterscotch sauce gives a rich decadent taste to cold coffee. The sauce is generally used as a topping for added flavors.
- ½ cupUnsalted Butter, at Room Temperature
- 1 cupDark Brown Sugar
- 1 cupHeavy Cream
- 1 teaspoonFleur de sel (or another flaky sea salt)
- 1 tablespoonVanilla Extract
- Melt the butter in a medium-sized saucepan over medium heat.
- Add the sugar, cream, and salt, and whisk until well blended.
- Bring to a boil then reduce the heat slightly and gently boil for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and whisk in the vanilla extract.
- Serve warm or at room temperature (the sauce will thicken as it cools).
- Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator and rewarm before using.
Also, Read Strawberry Jelly Cake Roll Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe