Chocolate Swiss Rolls Recipe
Chocolate Swiss Rolls is a traditional, old fashioned tea time treats that are also served as a dessert. It is an easy dessert prepared with cake. It is basically a sponge cake filled with a delicate layer of creamy filling like chocolate and whipped cream. You can use any filling of your choice.
- 2 tbspcocoa powder
- 1/4 cupchocolate sauce
- melted butterfor greasing
- 2 largeeggs
- 1/4 cupcastor sugar
- 1/4 cupplain flour (maida)
- 1/2 tspvanilla essence
- 2 tbsppowdered sugar for sprinkling
- 1/4 cupbeaten whipped cream
- Grease a 200 mm. X 150 mm. (10” x 6”) aluminum tin with butter, place a butter paper of the same size over it and again grease the butter paper with butter and put it aside.
- Mix eggs and castor sugar in a bowl, mix well and beat using an electric beater for 3 to 4 minutes on a medium speed, till it is light and fluffy.
- Add the plain flour, cocoa powder, and vanilla essence and mix gently with the help of a spatula.
- Transfer the batter into the greased tin and bake a pre-heated at 200°c (400°f) for 8 minutes.
- Keep it aside to cool slightly.
- Once it is slightly cooled, loosen the sides of the cake using a sharp knife.
- Sprinkle the powdered sugar evenly on a clean, dry surface and invert the cake tin over it and slowly peel the butter paper and discard it.
- Spread the whipped cream evenly over the cake and roll it gently from one side to the other to form a Swiss roll.
- Place the roll on a serving plate and apply the chocolate sauce evenly over it with the help of a palette knife.
- Cut the roll into equal portions using a sharp knife.
- Serve it.
Also, Read Easy Fruit Bread Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe