Tamil Nadu - Chicken Salna
Chicken Salna also called as Chicken Chalna is the best side dish with South Indian style Parotta and vegetable salna for the vegetarians. Let us see how this Tamil Nadu Chicken Salna can be prepared.
- 1 kg Chicken - cut into bite sized pieces
- 2 LargeOnion
- 1 mediumTomato, chopped (optional)
- 1 1/2tbspGinger garlic paste
- 2 1/2tbspRed chili powder
- 1 springCurry leaves
- 5 tbspOil
- Salt to taste
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1/2 CupFresh coconut
- 2 1/2tbspRoasted chick peas
- 1/2 inchCinnamon stick
- 1 Cardamom
- 1 1/2tbspCumin seeds
- 1 tbspPoppy seeds
- 1 1/2tbspFennel seeds
- 1 1/2tbspBlack pepper corns
- Step 1
Take a heavy bottomed vessel, heat oil in it. When the oil is hot add chopped onions, curry leaves and cook for 7-8 mts till they turn lightly brown. Add ginger garlic paste and saute for 5 mts.
- Step 2
Take the roasted ingredients along with the shallots, green chilis, roasted chickpeas and fresh coconut and grind them to a fine paste adding little water. Keep it aside.
- Step 3
Add chicken pieces, red chillie powder and mix thoroughly cooking on high flame for 4 mts.
- Step 4
Cover with lid and cook for 15 mts, add chopped tomotoes mixing once in a while on medium flame. Add the ground spice paste and mix well.
- Step 5
Add 2 cups of water and salt and boil increasing the flame. Place the lid and simmer the chicken to ensure there is enough liquid.
- Step 6
After cooking take the chicken to serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves. Serve the chicken with chapati, parotta, dosa or biryani.
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
Tags Tamil Nadu - Chicken Salna Chicken Salna recipe. Tamil Nadu special - Chicken Salna Chicken Salna non veg recipe Chicken special recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe