Beetroot Paratha Recipe
These beetroot Parathas are a variation of stuffed paratha made with beetroots. This paratha has a sweet taste coming from the beetroot. This Paratha can be served for breakfast, brunch or lunch. This beetroot Paratha can also be packed for kids tiffin.
- 4 cupswheat (gehun) flour
- 2medium beetroot
- 6green chili
- 1/4 cupcoriander (dhania) leaves
- 2 tspcoriander (dhania) seeds
- 1/2 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tspsesame seeds (til)
- saltto taste
- oilfor cooking
- In a mixing bowl, add wheat flour, salt and knead into a soft dough with water and cover for 30 minutes.
- Grind coriander seeds to a coarse powder andfinely chop green chilies and cilantro leaves. (add green chilies keeping in mind the sweetness of beetroot.) Peel the beetroot skin and grate it.
- Heat about 1 tbsp oil in a pan and add cumin.
- Add grated beetroot and green chilies.
- Saute till beetroot is cooked and moisture is lost.
- Add ground coriander seed, sesame seeds, and salt.
- Continue to cook on a low flame till the stuffing turns dry and turn off the heat.
- Make round balls of the wheat dough and roll each one big enough (about 4-5 inches diameter) to hold the stuffing.
- Place 1 - 2 tbsp stuffing in the center and gather the edges into a round ball andlet the stuffed balls rest for a couple of minutes.
- Roll each stuffed ball gently dusting wheat flour, like roti.
- Heat a griddle/tawa and roast theParathas both the sides using butter or oil.
- Serve hot Parathas with curd, chutney, pickle or curry.
Also, Read Dal Paratha Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe