Spicy Bell Pepper Rice Recipe
A treat for the spicy plate, the Bell Pepper Rice has rice cooked with chopped bell peppers. A color-full and appealing rice recipe which is rich in vitamins and nutrients and has a great taste. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 3 cupscooked rice
- 2 tablespoonsvegetable oil
- 2green cardamom pods
- 1cinnamon stick, small
- 1black cardamom
- 3peppercorns, small
- 1 teaspooncumin seeds
- 1green chili
- 1.5 teaspoonsginger-garlic paste
- 1red onion, medium, finely chopped
- 1tomato, big, chopped
- 1.5 tablespoonsyogurt
- 1 cupsbell peppers, cut into small cubes (you can use any color bell pepper)
- ¼ teaspoongaram masala, to sprinkle
- to tastesalt
- to garnishcoriander leaves, chopped
- 1 teaspoonlemon juice(optional)
- Heat oil in a pan on medium heat and once hot, add green cardamom pods, black cardamom, cinnamon stick, bay leaf, cloves, and peppercorn.
- Saute for 30 seconds till you get a nice aroma of the spices.
- Add cumin seeds and let it splutter.
- Add chopped green chili and saute till it starts turning light golden in color.
- Add chopped onions and cook till they are translucent and till the raw smell goes away.
- Add ginger-garlic paste and cook till raw smell goes away.
- Add chopped tomatoes and cook the tomatoes for 5-6 minutes or till they are soft and nicely done.
- Add chopped green and red bell pepper and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the yogurt and mix it well.
- Cook the veggie mixture till yogurt is well combined with the veggies and cook for 3-4 minutes on medium flame.
- Add the salt and mix it well.
- Add the cooked rice into the pan and mix thoroughly.
- After 2 minutes, sprinkle garam masala on top and mix it well.
- Cook for another 2 minutes on medium heat and squeeze in lemon juice (if your using).
- Place the rice in a serving bowl and garnish with coriander leaves and serve it.
Also, Read Tomato Pulao
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe