Vegetable Rava Idli Recipe
Vegetable Rava Idli is one of the simple recipes which combines the goodness of dal, vegetable, and rava. It is not just healthy and irresistible but also easy to prepare. However, nothing can beat the taste of authentic preservative free soft and fluffy homemade idlis. Let’s follow the recipe.
- 1 to 2 tbspoil
- A pinch ofasafoetida (hing)
- 1/2 tspMustard seeds ( rai / sarson)
- 1 to 2Green chilies, finely chopped
- 1 cupSemolina (rava)
- A fewcurry leaves (kadi patta)
- 1/2Carrot, finely chopped
- 4French beans, finely chopped
- 3/4 tspFruit salt
- 1 cupCurd (dahi)
- 1/2 cupWater
- Saltto taste
- Heat oil in a heavy bottomed pan and add hing, mustard seeds, green chilies, curry leaves.
- Add the vegetables(carrots and beans)and saute for 2 minutes.
- Add suji(rava) and mix it well and stir fry for two minutes on low flame.
- Add salt and remove from flame and allow to cool for 2-3 minutes
- Transfer the rava mixture to a bowl and add curd, water and fruit salt and beat it well.
- Grease an idli mold with oil and pour 2-3 tbs mixture into each mold.
To steam the idlis
- Pour 1"layer of water in a pressure cooker or a big pan with a well fitting lid and keep it on the flame.
- Place the idli mold inside the cooker and put the lid after removing the whistle and keep the stove on full flame.
- After the water boils and steam starts coming out, reduce flame and cook for 15 min on medium flame.
- Switch off the flame and wait for 5 minutes and then remove the idlis from the mold with a clean knife.
- Serve hot with coconut chutney.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe