Mixed Beans Curry with Potato Balls Recipe
Mixed Beans Curry with Potato Balls Recipe is a complete package of proteins, calcium, and is a mouth-watering dish. This beans curry is cooked in delicious tangy gravy. Relish this curry with hot steaming rice. Let’s follow this nutritious recipe.
For The Beans Curry
- 1/4 cupField Beans/ Butter Beans(rangoon na vaal)
- 1/2 cupRajma (kidney beans)
- 3 1/2 cupRoughly Chopped Tomatoes
- 1 tbspGhee
- 1/2 cupFinely chopped onions
- 2Green Chilies , slit
- 1 tspChili powder
- 2 tspSugar
- Saltto taste
For The Potato Balls
- 1 cupBoiled , Peeled and Mashed Potatoes
- 1Fresh Bread Slice
- 10-15Cashew nuts, chopped (kaju)
- 1/2 tbspFinely Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 tbspFinely Chopped Coriander (dhania)
- 1/2 tspLemon juice
- Saltto taste
- 1 tbspCornflour
For the beans curry
- In a bowl soak field beans/ butter beans and rajma with enough water and keep it aside for overnight.
- Next day, drain the water from the beans and pressure cook the beans with water for 30 minutes and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Drain the water from beans and keep it aside.
- Add tomatoes and ¾ cup of water in a deep non-stick pan and cook on a medium flame for 4 to 5 minutes or till the tomatoes turns soft.
- Cool slightly and blend in a mixer to a smooth pulp and strain the tomatoes by using a strainer and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a kadhai, add the onions and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add the prepared tomato pulp, green chilies, chili powder, sugar, salt and the cooked beans.
- Mix well and cook on a medium flame for 5 to 7 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Remove from the flame and keep it aside.
For the potato balls
- Dip the bread slice in water for 15 seconds and squeeze out all the water and crumble the bread.
- In a bowl add crumbled bread, mashed potato, chopped cashew nuts, green chili, chopped coriander leaves and lemon juice and mix it well.
- Divide the mixture into 10 equal portions and shape each portion into a round ball.
- Heat the oil in a kadhai and deep-fry the potato balls till they turn golden brown in color from all the sides.
- Drain on absorbent paper and keep it aside.
How to serve
- Just before serving, reheat the beans curry and add the potato balls, mix gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes.
- Serve hot.
Also, Read Tasty Bean Dumplings Recipe
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe