Easy and Tasty Paneer Matar Biryani Recipe
The Paneer Matar (Green Pea) Biryani is mild and delicately flavored. It is not so spicy and hot. It is healthy as this Biryani is prepared with brown rice This biryani can be easily made on a busy day for lunch or dinner.You can serve this dish with raita and salad of your choice. Let’s follow this easy and tasty recipe.
For The Paneer Matar Mixture
- 1/2 cuplow-fat paneer cubes
- 1/4 cupboiled green peas
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped onions
- 1 tspchili-garlic paste
- 1/2 tspginger-green chili paste
- 1/2 cupfresh tomato pulp
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- 1/2 tspgaram masala
- a pinchof sugar
- 1/2 tspdried fenugreek leaves (kasoori methi)
- saltto taste
For The Onion Brown Rice
- 2-1/4 cupscooked brown rice
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped onions
- saltto taste
- 2 tbsplow-fat milk , 99.7% fat-free
For the paneer matar mixture
- Heat a non-stick pan on a medium flame and when it is hot, add onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes or till they turn light brown in color and sprinkle a little water if they start burning.
- Add the chili-garlic paste, ginger-green chili paste and 1 tbsp of water and dry roast on a medium flame for about 1 minute.
- Add fresh tomato pulp, chili powder, garam masala, sugar and dried fenugreek leaves, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add ¼ cup of water, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add paneer, green peas and salt, mix it gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 more minute and remove from the flame and keep it aside.
For the onion brown rice
- Heat a deep non-stick pan on a medium flame and when hot, add the onions and dry roast on a medium flame for 2 minutes or till the onions turn brown.
- Sprinkle 1 tbsp of water to prevent the onions from burning.
- Add the brown rice and salt, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Divide the rice into 2 equal portions and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Spread one portion of the onion brown rice evenly at the bottom of a baking glass bowl.
- Spread the paneer matar mixture evenly over it.
- Spread the other layer of onion brown rice evenly over the paneer matar mixture and pour the milk evenly over it.
- Cover with a lid and bake in a pre-heated oven at 200°c (400°f) for 8 to 10 minutes.
- Serve it hot.
- Energy 154 k cal
- Protein 4.4 gm
- Carbohydrates 31.4 gm
- Invisible Fat 1.0 gm
- Fibre 3.2 gm
- Calcium 64.8 mg
Check More Rice Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe