Healthy Beetroot Rice Recipe
Beetroot Rice is a healthy rice recipe. Quick and easy one pot meal that goes well for lunch or dinner. Beetroot Rice is sure to satiate your kids taste buds and tummy. Let’s follow this healthy recipe.
- 1 cupBasmati Rice
- 1 cupOnion thinly sliced
- 1 slitGreen chili
- 1 tspGinger garlic paste
- 1 smallTomato
- 1 cupGrated Beetroot
- a fistfulMint leaves
- 2 tbsp choppedCoriander leaves
- 1 tspBiryani masala
- 1 tspSambar powder
- 2 cupsWater
- 1 tbspFresh Lemon juice
For the seasoning
- 1 tbspOil
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds/Saunf/sombu
- 1Bay leaf
- 1-inchCinnamon piece
- Wash and soak the basmati rice for 20 minutes and drain the water and keep it aside.
- Wash and peel the skin of beetroot and grate or finely chop beetroot and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a pan, add fennel seeds, when it splutters, add cloves, cinnamon, cardamom, and bay leaf.
- Saute for a few seconds, then add thinly sliced onions, slit green chili and cook until onions turn transparent.
- Add ginger garlic paste and saute for a minute and add chopped tomatoes and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Add grated beetroot, coriander leaves, mint leaves, biryani masala, sambar powder and salt as needed and fry it well.
- Add 2 cups of water and lemon juice and when water starts boiling, add soaked and drained basmati rice and mix well and check for salt by tasting the water, if the water is slightly salty, it will become perfect once the rice is cooked.
- Cover the lid and cook on a low flame till the rice is perfectly cooked and you can also pressure cook rice or cook rice in a pan with a lid or use the rice cooker.
- Once done, fluff it with a fork and switch off the flame.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot with raita or papads.
- Add water according to the quality of your rice.(1 cup of basmati rice needs approximately - 1 1/2 -2 cups of water.
- You can substitute lemon juice with a tbsp of thick curd and add it after adding beetroot and spice powder.
- You can use brown rice to make it more healthy.
Beetroots are high in immune-boosting vitamin C, fiber, and essential minerals like potassium and manganese.
Check More Rice Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe