Healthy Green Mango Masoor Dal Recipe
Green Mango Masoor Dal is an Indian recipe made using raw mango and masoor dal. This healthy recipe goes well with rice or roti and is an interesting variation to your everyday dal. Try out this easy recipe at home.
- 1 cupMasoor Dal (Whole)
- 1/2 cupRaw mango, cubed
- 2Green Chilies, slit
- 1/2 teaspoonTurmeric powder (Haldi)
- Saltto taste
- 2 tablespoonMustard oil
- 1/2 teaspoonCumin seeds
- 1/2 teaspoonMustard seeds
- 1/4 teaspoonNigella seeds
- 1/2 teaspoonFennel seeds (Saunf)
- 1/4 teaspoonFenugreek Seeds (Methi)
- 3-4Dry red chili
- Clean and wash the masoor dal well and in a pressure cooker add the dal along with 2 cups of water, turmeric, salt, and slit green chilies and cook on a low flame.
- Cover with the lid and cook for 15 min and One the pressure within the cooker is naturally released, adjust the consistency of the dal by adding some water and Put it back on the flame.
- Cook it on a low flame for 2 to 3 minutes.
For the seasoning
- In a tadka Pan/small pan on medium flame add mustard oil and heat the mustard oil until smoky.
- Add cumin seeds, mustard seeds, nigella seeds and methi seeds to the pan and allow them to crackle for few seconds.
- Add broken red chilies and fry for few seconds.
- Pour this tempering over the dal and switch off the flame.
- Serve this dal hot with steamed Rice.
Also, Read How to make Langhar Dal
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe