Sweet and Sour Vegetable Stew Recipe
Sweet and Sour Vegetable are a quick and simple recipe that is a popular dish of South Indian cuisine. The stew is very quick to make and it also loaded with lots of vegetables which make this dish more healthy and nutritious. This stew has a nice creamy flavor of coconut milk. This dish generally served with appam and it is a perfect dish for lunch or dinner. Let’s follow this recipe.
- 1/2 cupchopped onions
- 1/2 cupchopped french beans
- 1/2 cupchopped carrots
- 1/2 cupcauliflower florets
- 1/2 cupchopped potatoes
- 1/2 cupgreen peas
- 1/2 cupchopped tomatoes
- 1 tbspcornflour
- 2 tbspoil
- 3cloves (laung / lavang)
- 2sticks cinnamon (dalchini)
- 1 tspchili powder
- 2 tbsptomato ketchup
- saltto taste
- 1/2 cupchopped canned pineapple slices
- In a bowl, add cornflour and ¼ cup of water, mix it well and keep it aside.
- Heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, add the onions and fry on a medium flame for 4 minutes.
- Add the cloves and cinnamon and fry on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, mix well and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes, and stir occasionally.
- Add the chili powder, tomato ketchup and salt and also add 2 cups of water, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 7 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-water mixture and pineapple, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Once done switch off the flame and serve it hot with appam.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe