South Indian Style Onion Tomato Chutney Recipe
Onion Tomato Chutney is a famous South Indian recipe. This is one of those quick chutney recipes that can be prepared in minutes. It is a very easy chutney recipe with very few ingredients and goes well with idli and dosa.
- 1finely chopped medium onion
- 1finely chopped tomatoes
- ¼ cupfresh or desiccated coconut
- 1 tbspred chili powder
- 1 tbspurad dal
- ½ to ¾ inchginger
- saltas needed
- smalllemon sized tamarind
- pinchof turmeric
- 1 tspoil
- 1 tspoil
- ¼ tspurad dal
- 1sprig curry leaves
- ¼ tspmustard
- pinchof hing
- 1of hing
- Finely chop onions, tomato, and ginger and keep it aside.
- In a frying pan add oil and once oil gets hot add urad dal and also, add chopped onions and fry for 2 - 3 minutes.
- Add finely chopped ginger and fry it for a minute.
- Add chopped tomatoes and continue to fry and add salt and turmeric to the mixture and fry it.
- Add desiccated coconut and fry until the mixture forms a paste ( you can use freshly grated coconut if you want) and keep it aside.
- Transfer the fried mixture to a blender and add red chili powder, tamarind, and salt.
- Grind them to a smooth paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and urad dal, mustard, red chili, and hing and pour in the chutney.
- Adding coconut is optional, and you can prepare with just use onion and tomato.
- Make sure you fry onion and tomato before grinding, otherwise, you would get a raw smell.
Check More Chutney Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe