Ugadi Special Bakshalu Recipe
Bakshalu is a sweet dish made especially for Ugadi in Telangana. This flat bread is stuffed with chana dal and jaggery. It has a unique taste and flavor. Make the recipe for this Ugadi at your home.
- 2 cupsBengal Gram (chana dal) (senaga Pappu)
- 2 cupsJaggery
- 4Cardamom (seeds powdered)
- 2 cupsAll Purpose Flour (maida)
- 3 tbspWheat Flour
- saltas per taste
- 1/2 cupGhee
- 1 cupWater
For the Stuffing
- Wash and soak chana dal for 4-5 hours and after 4 hours in a pressure cooker add 2 cups water and pressure cook for 30mins and see that it should not be over
- Cooked and drain the water completely from the chana dal and keep it aside.
For the dough
- In a bowl add flour, wheat flour, salt, 1 tbsp ghee and water as needed and knead slightly non sticky dough and keep it aside for 1 hour.
How to Proceed
- Blend cooked chana dal in the blender and in a vessel add jaggery and1/2 cup water and mix it well and cook until the jaggery dissolves and slowly add blended chana dal and cardamom powder and stir continuously.
- If it is too runny then cook it for 5-10 min on low flame and switch off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Pinch a small portion from the dough and keep it aside.
- In an aluminum foil and brush ghee on it and take small lime size dough and press it with your hand (a little) on foil, and add the stuffing and seal the dough and press with your with hand firmly, and make a circular shape like puri.
- Add 2 chopped tomatoes and cook till tomatoes turn mushy and slightly reduced. Add pieces of chicken with capsicum and tomato and pour prepared gravy over it and Also add 1 teaspoon of garam masala powder, 1/4 teaspoon red chili powder and salt to taste.
- In an Iron griddle on medium-low flame, brush 1/4 tsp ghee and fry the Balushalu till golden brown in color and fry it from the both sides by applying sufficient ghee.
- You can blend cooked dal, jaggery, cardamom together into a fine paste and if it is runny, then cook it for 5-10 min.
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- How to Make Chocolate Truffles
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe