Spicy Khara Bhath Recipe
Khara Bhath is a breakfast dish popular in Karnataka. This spicy and tasty dish is paired with chutney and a cup of hot coffee. It makes a filling breakfast and is quick to prepare. Let’s follow this recipe.
- ½ cupBombay rava / semolina / sooji
- 1 cupwater
- 5 tspoil
- ½ tspmustard seeds
- ½ tspcumin seeds / jeera
- ½ tspchana dal
- ½ tspchana dal
- ½ tspurad dal
- fewcurry leaves
- 10-15cashews, whole / cut into pieces
- ½onion, finely chopped
- 2green chili, slit lengthwise
- ½ inchinch ginger, finely chopped
- 1tomato, finely chopped
- ¼ cupbeans, chopped
- ¼ cuppeas, fresh / frozen
- ¼ tspturmeric powder
- ½ - 1 tspvangi bhath powder (easily available in the market)
- saltto taste
- 1 tspghee, clarified butter
- fewcoriander leaves, chopped
- In a large kadhai, pour 5 tsp of oil and add mustard seeds, cumin, chana dal, urad dal and few curry leaves and allow them to splutter.
- Add cashews and fry till they turn slightly golden and add finely chopped onions and saute till they change colour.
- Add slit green chili and finely chopped ginger and saute till the raw smell disappears.
- Add chopped tomatoes and fry till they become soft and then add beans and peas and fry for a minute.
- Add water( ratio of rava and water is always 1:2)
- Once the water begins to boil, add turmeric powder, vangi-bath powder, and salt and give a good mix.
- Add the rava slowly stir continuously to avoid lumps and cover with the lid and allow to steam for a minute on the low flame.
- Add a tsp of ghee a give a good mix and switch off the flame and serve khara bhath with rava kesari.
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe