Janmashtami Special Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand Recipe
Kesar Elaichi Shrikhand is an interesting twist to plain Shrikhand which is a popular dessert of Gujarat and Maharashtra. This dessert is generally prepared on Janmashtami. Shrikhand is made out of hung curd and it also has the nutritional value of curd and it also has dry fruits in it hence it is one of the healthy desserts.
- 1 kgthick curd (dahi)
- 3/4 cuppowdered sugar
- a fewsaffron (kesar) strands
- 1 tbspwarm milk
- 2 tspcardamom (elaichi) powder
For The Garnish
- as neededpistachio slivers
- as neededalmond slivers
- Hang the curd in a muslin cloth in a cool place for approximately 3 hours until all the liquid (whey) has drained off.
- Rub the saffron into the warm milk until it dissolves and then in a bowl, add the hung curd, sugar, saffron mixture and cardamom and churn using a hand blender.
- Once done, garnish with slivers of pistachio and almonds and serve it chilled.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe