Janmashtami Special Gopalkala Recipe
The Gopalkala Recipe is a popular offering to Lord Krishna on Janmashtami. This is a quick and easy recipe which you can prepare any time in the day. Gopalkala is a savory dish made of beaten rice, cucumbers, green chilies, coconut. Gopalkala is a scrumptious dish and also very nutritive. Try this dish at your home this festivals.
- 1 cupFlattened rice (Poha)
- 1Cucumber, peeled and chopped
- 3Fresh coconut, freshly grated
- 1 inchGinger, grated
- Saltto taste
- 1Coriander leaves (Dhania), a small bunch chopped
Ingredients for seasoning
- 1 teaspoonGhee
- 1/2 teaspoonMustard seeds
- 1/2 teaspoonCumin seeds
- 2Green Chilies, chopped or slit
- In a bowl, soak the beaten rice in water for 1-2 minutes and if the beaten rice is of a thicker variety then it would take about 5 minutes to soften.
- Once flattened rice/poha softens, drain all the water from it and keep it aside in the strainer for a minute until all water is drained off.
- Transfer the flattened rice in a bowl and keep it aside.
- Heat ghee in a pan on medium flame and then add the mustard seeds and allow it to crackle.
- Then add cumin seeds, green chilies, ginger pieces and fry for a minute and turn off the flame.
- Add the seasoning to the flattened rice, along with yogurt, finely chopped cucumbers, grated coconut, salt and mix it nicely.
- Finally add chopped coriander leaves and serve it.
- Energy 25 cal
- Protein 0.8 g
- Carbohydrates 4.3 g
- Fiber 0.2 g
- Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 0 mg
- Vitamin A 8.3 mg
- Vitamin B1 0 mg
- Vitamin B2 0 mg
- Vitamin B3 0.3 mg
- Vitamin C 0 mg
- Folic Acid 2.1 mg
- Calcium 11.8 mg
- Iron 0.3 mg
- Magnesium 0 mg
- Phosphorus 0 mg
- Sodium 2.7 mg
- Potassium 18.1 mg
- Zinc 0.2 mg
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- How to Make Crispy Aloo Tikki Recipe