Dussehra Special Mixed Lentil Garelu Vada Recipe
Mixed Lentil Garelu (Vada) is a deep-fried savory dish of South Indian cuisine. This dish is made with various lentils (dal),rice flour, and flavored with various seasonings. This vada is crispy from outside and soft from inside. These vadas are so tasty and tempting and also very easy to prepare. The vada is best paired with sambar and coconut chutney.
- 1/2 cupChana dal (Bengal Gram Dal)
- 1/2 cupYellow Moong Dal (Split)
- 1/2 cupWhite Urad Dal (Split)
- 1/2 cupRice flour
- 3/4 cupWheat flour
- 8 to 9Green Chilies
- 5 to 6sprig Coriander leaves (Dhania)
- 2sprig Curry leaves
- 2 inchGinger
- Wateras required
- Saltto taste
- Cooking oilfor deep frying
- In a bowl, add chana dal, moong dal, urad dal, and also enough water and soak it for 5 hours and then drain water from it and keep it aside
- In a blender, add all the dals and also add ginger, green chilies, and enough water and blend to a smooth paste.
- Transfer the blended batter into a bowl, and add rice flour, wheat flour, enough water, coriander leaves, curry leaves, and salt and mix it nicely and make a thick a batter.
- Wet your hand with little water and place a portion of the mixture on your palm and flatten it slightly.
- Make a hole in the center of the vada with your index finger and heat the oil in a deep non-stick pan, upturn your hand and drop the vada into the oil.
- Deep-fry the vada on a medium flame till they turn golden brown in color from both the sides.
- Drain the vadas on an absorbent paper and serve it with coconut chutney.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe