Dussehra Special Badam Sheera Recipe
Badam Sheera is a popular Indian dessert, which is generally prepared during the festivals or special occasion. This dessert has a nice nutty flavor of almonds and also has the wonderful aroma of cardamom and saffron.This dish can be very easily prepared at your home with few ingredients. Try this sweet dish at your home and enjoy it with your family members.
- 1/2 cupblanched almonds (badam), refer handy tip
- 9 tbspmilk
- 3 tbspghee
- 4 tbspsugar
- 1/4 tspcardamom (elaichi) powder
- A fewsaffron (kesar) strands
For The Garnish
- 10-15almond (badam), chopped
- In a bowl, add the saffron strands and 1 tbsp of milk and mix it nicely and keep it aside.
- In a bowl, add 5 tbsp of milk and 2 tbsp of water, mix it nicely and keep it aside.
- In a blender, add the almonds and the remaining 4 tbsp of milk and blend to a smooth paste and keep it aside.
- Heat the ghee in a broad non-stick pan, add the almond paste and cook on a medium flame for 4 minutes and stir continuously.
- Add the milk-water mixture and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir continuously.
- Add the sugar, cardamom powder and saffron-milk mixture, mix it nicely and cook on a medium flame for 2 more minutes or till the mixture turns golden brown in color, while stirring continuously.
- Switch off the flame and garnish with chopped almonds and serve it.
To blanch almonds, immerse the almonds in hot water and keep it aside for 15 minutes and remove the skin of the almonds and use as required.
By Meghna Nath
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe