Herb Rice with Mushroom Recipe
Herb Rice with Mushroom is one of the easiest rice dishes to make. It is seasoned with herbs and topped with mushroom. The addition of aromatic herbs uplifts the flavor of the rice. Let’s follow the recipe.
For The Herb Rice
- 2 1/2 cupscooked rice
- 1 tbspbutter
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped spring onions whites and greens
- 4 tspmilk
- saltto taste
- 2-1/2 tbspchopped parsley
For The Mushroom Topping
- 1 1/2 cupssliced fresh mushrooms (khumbh)
- 1 tbspcornflour
- 2 tbspbutter
- 1 cupfinely chopped onions
- 1/2 tspfinely chopped green chilies
- 1 tbspchopped celery, optional
- 3/4 cupmilk
- 1 tspdried oregano
- saltand freshly ground black pepper (kalimirch) to taste
For The Garnish
- 2 tbspgrated processed cheese
- a sprigof parsley
For the herb rice
- Heat the butter in a broad non-stick pan, add spring onion whites and greens and saute on a medium flame for 1 minute.
- Add rice, milk, salt and parsley, mix it gently and cook on a medium flame for 1 to 2 minutes and stir occasionally and keep it aside.
For the mushroom topping
- In a bowl add cornflour and milk in a bowl, mix it well and keep it aside.
- Heat butter in a broad non-stick, add onions and saute on a medium flame for 2 minutes.
- Add chilies and celery and saute on a medium flame for 30 seconds.
- Add the sliced mushrooms and salt, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 2 minutes and stir occasionally.
- Add the cornflour-milk mixture, oregano, ½ cup of water and pepper, mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 3 minutes and stir occasionally and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Just before serving reheat the rice and the mushroom topping.
- Spread the rice in a serving bowl and spread it evenly with a back of a spoon and top it with the mushroom topping and spread it evenly over the rice.
- Garnish with cheese and a sprig of parsley and serve it hot.
Check More Rice Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe