Chana Dal Paratha Recipe
Chana Dal Paratha is an Indian flat stuffed bread. This is a nutritious paratha loaded with protein and carbohydrates. It is very easy to prepare and very tasty. Here is a delicious recipe that you can prepare in few minutes.
For The Dough
- 1 1/2 cupswhole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- saltto taste
For The Stuffing
- 3/4 cupchana dal (split Bengal gram)
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped onions
- 1/4 cupfinely chopped coriander (dhania)
- 1 tspgaram masala
- 1 tspdried mango powder (amchur)
- 1 tspgreen chili paste
- 1 tspsugar
- saltto taste
- whole wheatflour (gehun ka atta) for rolling
- oilfor cooking
For the dough
- In a bowl add wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough using enough water and
- Divide the dough into equal portions and keep it aside.
For the stuffing
- Wash and soak the chana dal in enough water in a deep bowl for 1 hour and drain the water from the chana dal.
- Boil enough water in a deep non-stick pan, add the chana dal and salt and mix it well and cook on a medium flame for 20 minutes or till the dal is cooked.
- Strain the cooked dal by using a strainer and keep it aside to cool slightly and once cooled, blend it in a mixer to a coarse mixture.
- Transfer the mixture into a bowl, add onions, chopped coriander, garam masala, dried mango powder, green chili paste, salt, and sugar and mix it nicely.
- Divide the stuffing into equal portions and keep it aside
How to proceed
- Roll a portion of the dough into a 100 mm. (4”) diameter circle by using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Place a portion of the stuffing in the center of the circle and bring together all the sides in the center and seal it tightly.
- Roll again into a circle of 125 mm. (5”) diameter circle by using a little whole wheat flour for rolling.
- Heat a non-stick tawa (griddle) and cook the paratha on a medium flame, by using a little oil, fry till golden brown spots appear on both the sides.
- Serve this hot paratha with a pickle.
- At step 3 for the stuffing, cook the chana dal till it is just tender and not overcooked or mushy.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe