Soft Punugulu Recipe
Punugulu is a common street food in South Indian. These are crispy deep fried popular street food that is made with few ingredients. Crispy from outside, soft on the inside, these fritters are a great snack. It perfect with a cup of tea.
- 1/2 cupSelf raising flour (see the notes below)
- 2 tbspRice flour
- 1Green chili, chopped
- 2 tspGinger, finely chopped
- 2 tbspCurd / Plain yogurt
- WaterAs needed
- SaltAs needed
- fewCurry leaves
- In a bowl add self raising flour, rice flour, chopped green chili, ginger, curd, salt, curry leaves, and water as required and make a smooth batter and the batter should be thick not like a paste
- Heat oil in kadhai, once hot, use your hand or a small spoon to drop a gooseberry sized ball in the oil and as soon as you put the balls in oil it will rise and puff up.
- Turn and cook from both the sides until golden in color and drain on tissue paper.
- Serve it hot with chutney.
- You can add onion to this recipe.
- Make sure the batter is not too runny otherwise the shape of Punugulu will not be round.
Reviews Add Review
i Love this food
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe