Healthy Mixed Vegetable Khichdi Recipe
Mixed Vegetable Khichdi is a tempting and nutritious food from Indian cuisine. It is not only delicious but also very comforting rice dish. As veggies are added to this khichdi so it is nutritious and healthy. Today let’s learn how to prepare this recipe.
- 2 cupssoaked long grained rice (basmati)
- 3 cupsyellow moong dal (split yellow gram), soaked
- 2potatoes, chopped
- 1/4 cupgreen peas
- 1carrot, chopped
- 3green chilies, chopped
- 2spring onions, chopped
- 1 tspgrated ginger (adrak)
- 2garlic (lehsun) cloves, chopped
- 4 to 5cloves (laung/ lavang)
- 1bay leaf (tej patta)
- 1 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 2 tspcoriander-cumin seeds (dhania-jeera) powder
- a pinchof asafoetida (hing)
- 1 tbspghee
- 1 tspmustard seeds ( rai /sarson)
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- Heat the ghee in a pressure cooker and add the mustard seeds and cumin seeds and when the seeds crackle, add curry leaves, green chilies, ginger and garlic, red chilies, cloves, and bay leaf and saute for 30 seconds.
- Add all the vegetables, coriander-cumin seeds, turmeric powder, hing, and salt and mix it well and add the 1 cup of water.
- Add the soaked rice and dal with enough water and cover and pressure cook for 30 min and switch off the flame and allow the steam to escape before opening the lid.
- Serve it hot with raita of your choice.
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe