Tasty Aloo Chole Recipe
Aloo Chole is a popular side dish recipe. If you have chole (chickpea) and potatoes in your kitchen, you can prepare this dish in no time for your family members. This dish is perfect for lunch or dinner.Follow this recipe.
- 1 1/2 cupsChickpeas
- 2 mediumPotatoes
- 1 tablespoonTea leaves
- 2-3Dried Indian gooseberry (Amla)
- 5 tablespoonOil for shallow frying
- 2 tablespoonsCumin seeds
- 4-6Green chilies slit
- 1 tablespoonGarlic paste
- 1 tablespoonGinger paste
- 2 tablespoonsCoriander powder
- 2 tablespoonsCumin powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoonRed chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoonDry mango powder (amchur)
- saltto taste
- 1 tablespoonPomegranate seeds (anardana)
- 1 teaspoonGaram masala powder
- 2 mediumTomatoes
- Wash and soak chickpeas in four cups of water overnight and tie tea leaves and amla in a muslin cloth to form a bundle and drain chickpeas, add six to eight cups water, salt and tea leaves-amla tied in a muslin cloth and pressure cook for 25 min or until it is soft and completely cooked.
- Drain the cooked chickpeas and reserve the water(stock) and discard the bundle of tea leaves-amla.
- Peel the boiled potatoes and cut them into one-inch sized cubes.
- Heat two tablespoons of oil in a pan, add one teaspoon of cumin seeds, slit green chilies, garlic paste, ginger paste, coriander powder, cumin powder, red chili powder, amchur powder, one cup of cooking stock and mix it nicely.
- In another pan heat sufficient oil, add potatoes and shallow fry till golden and drain onto an absorbent paper and keep it aside.
- Add boiled chickpeas to the masala, add some more cooking stock and salt and cook on high flame.
- In a pan roast the 1 tsp cumin seeds and anardana and crush them.
- Add fried potatoes to the chole masala and mix it well.
- Add the crushed masala, garam masala powder and mix it well and add a little water or stock.
- Cut the tomatoes into quarters and heat three tablespoons of oil in a pan, add tomatoes and saute for a few minutes.
- Adjust seasoning according to your taste and add the tomatoes and cook on a low flame for few minutes.
- Serve it hot.
- Calories: 2153
- Carbohydrates: 247.5
- Protein: 73.1
- Fat: 97.1
Check More Curries Recipes
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe