Easy Methi Dal Recipe
Methi dal is a nutritious and protein rich lentil recipe which is not only easy to prepare and also the diabetic friendly. Follow this easy recipe and include this dal in your daily diet.
- 1 cuptoovar (arhar) dal
- 1/2 cupchopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/4 cupchopped onions
- 1 tspchopped garlic (lehsun
- 2 tspchopped ginger (adrak)
- 1 tspgreen chilies, chopped
- 1/4 cupchopped tomatoes
- 1/2 tspchili powder
- a pinchof turmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tsplemon juice
- 1 tspoil
- saltto taste
- Wash and soak the dal in water for an hour and drain the water from the dal and discard the water.
- In a pressure cooker add pour 2 cups water and dal and pressure cooker for 10 to 15 minutes and cook till the dal is cooked and keep it aside.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan, add the cumin seeds and allow them to crackle and add the onions, garlic, ginger and green chilies, and cook till the onions are translucent.
- Add the chopped fenugreek leaves and cook on a high flame for 1 minute.
- Add the tomatoes, chili powder, and turmeric powder and cook for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the cooked dal and salt and cook on a low flame for 4 to 5 minutes.
- Add the lemon juice, mix it nicly and serve it hot.
Nutrient values per serving
- Energy 160 k cal
- Fibre 0.9 gm
- Amount 70 gm
- Carbohydrate 25.6 gm
- Fat 2.1 gm
- Protein 9.7 gm
Check More Dal Recipes
This Recipe Rate : (0) Reviews
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe