Chicken Do Pyaza Recipe
Chicken Do Pyaza is a little bit sweet, spicy and mouth- watering dish. As the name suggests Do means two, this preparation requires almost double the quantity of onions than any regular chicken curry. It gives a nice aroma and taste. Try this recipe
- 500gChicken(I used boneless)
- 1 tbspFresh Ginger- Garlic paste
- 4-5Dry red chili
- 1 tspSalt
- 2 tbspoil
- 1 largeBay leaf
- 2Cinnamon stick
- 5-6Green cardamom crushed
- 2Black cardamom crushed
- 1 floretMace
- 1 tspGhee or Clarified butter
- 1Onion, large finely chopped
- 5-6Pearl onion, if you don’t get pearl onion use small sized regular whole onion
- 2 ½ tbspTomato, 1 or tomato puree
- 2 tbspChopped coriander leaves (optional)
- 1 tspFresh ginger paste
- 1 tbspFresh garlic paste
- 1 tspTurmeric powder
- 1 tsp, I used 1 tbspRed chili powder
- 1 ½ tspCumin powder
- 1 tspCoriander powder
- 1 tspGaram masala powder (optional)
- 1 tea cupBeaten yogurt
- 1tbsp+1tspGhee or Clarified butter (any regular cooking oil can be used as alternate)
- ½ cupWarm water (if necessary)
- ½ tspSalt
- 1 tspSugar
- Dry roast the dry red chilies and make a powder of it.
- Marinade the clean and washed chicken with roasted chili powder, ginger-garlic paste and keep it aside for 15 min.
- Fry pearl onion or the whole onion in 1 tsp of hot ghee till golden brown in color and set it aside on paper towel.
- Heat ghee in the pan and add the tempering ingredients to splutter.
- Saute finely chopped onion on medium flame until translucent and add ginger garlic paste.
- Add tomato puree, turmeric powder, cumin powder, coriander powder and sugar and cook until oil separates from the masala.
- Add marinated chicken pieces, stir to cover with the spices and cook on medium flame.
- In the mixing bowl beat yogurt, red chili powder and salt together and pour over chicken pieces along with fried pearl onions.
- Stir gently and cook until oil floats on the top.
- Adjust seasoning according to your taste.
- Sprinkle garam masala and chopped coriander leaves on top and serve hot.
Also, Read Easy Lemon Garlic Chicken Recipe
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe