Paneer and Methi Paratha Recipe
Paneer and Methi paratha is prepared with wheat flour dough and stuffed with spicy methi- paneer filling. This paratha is a complete meal in itself and it makes a great lunch box for kids and also a perfect breakfast dish.
For The Dough
- 3/4 cupwhole wheat flour (gehun ka atta)
- saltto taste
- 1/2 cupfinely chopped fenugreek (methi) leaves
- 1/2 cupgrated low-fat paneer (cottage cheese)
- 1/2 tspcumin seeds (jeera)
- 1/2 tspginger-green chili paste
- 1/8 tspturmeric powder (haldi)
- 1 tspoil
- saltto taste
For The Methi Paneer Stuffing
For the dough
- In a bowl add wheat flour and salt and knead into a soft dough, using enough water and knead it well.
- Cover the dough with a wet muslin cloth and keep it aside for 10 minutes and after 10 min, divide the dough into equal portions and keep it aside.
For the methi paneer stuffing
- Heat the oil in a non-stick pan and add cumin seeds and ginger-green chili paste and when the seeds crackle, add fenugreek leaves, turmeric powder, and salt and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add the grated paneer and mix it well and switch off the flame and divide the stuffing into equal portions and keep it aside.
How to proceed
- Roll out one portion of the dough into a circle of 75 mm. (3”) diameter and place one portion of the methi paneer stuffing in the center of the circle.
- Bring together all the sides in the center and seal tightly.
- Roll out again into a circle of 100 mm. (4”) diameter by using flour and cook on a non-stick tawa (griddle) until both sides are golden brown.
- Serve hot with tomato pickle.
- Energy 122 k cal
- Protein 6.6 gm
- Carbohydrate 20.0 gm
- Fat 1.7 gm
- Vitamin A 380.3 mcg
- Vitamin C 3.6 mg
- Calcium 192.3 mg
- Iron 1.1 mg
- Folic Acid 7.2 mcg
- Fibre 0.7 gm
- Be the first Review [Click Here]
Top Recipes Collection
- Best Homemade Grape Wine Recipe
- Chilled Mojitos Recipe
- Aachari Paneer Tikkas - Indian Food Recipe
- South Indian Pork Curry Recipe
- Cocktail Rum Punch Recipe
- Restaurant Style Paneer Butter Masala Recipe
- Palak Paneer Recipe
- Homemade Mutton Paya Recipe
- Ramzan Special Chicken Biryani Recipe
- Punjabi Bhindi Masala Fry Recipe